Display advertising is the process of advertising on websites, strategically reaching users at different points in the buying process with messages relevant to them.Display advertising is a method of exposing consumers to your brand as part of their everyday online activities. Ads can appear in many forms (including text, images, and video), come in an assortment of sizes, and perform a variety of functions.
Why use display advertising with other marketing strategies?
- To increase brand awareness – when you are online, you want to stand out from the crowd. This is one of the methods to get your brand in front of the right audience.
- To keep your products or services up-front – when a display campaign is active, the campaign can find new and retarget returning visitors that are in the conversion cycle. This is when visitors can be targeted by specific ads based on the stage of the conversion cycle.
- To be relevant in the industry – display campaigns can push your ads in relevant places. This mean allows you to target in-market consumers that are likely to convert based on the hyper targeting options available.
Our display advertising strategy
- Be targeted, but not limited. Focus on the audience you are trying to reach versus where you want to reach them.
- Test. Test. Test. Try out multiple inventory sources (e.g. ad exchanges, demand-side platforms (DSPs), direct site buys), targeting tactics and creative treatments to find the right mix.
- Set specific goals for display campaigns. A win for display ads is often different from other marketing channels. Consider focusing on micro-conversions rather than sign ups and sales.